We made it safe and sound through the hurricane. It was headed right for us but then moved slightly to the east. It ended up passing us about 20 miles off the east end of the island. I live up on the North West part of the island so we were as far away from the center as we could have been. We got a little water that blew in under our back door but it wasn't anything a towel couldn't handle. We actually never even lost power at our house. It would flicker but it never went out. We ended up having a cozy night at home watching movies and eating popcorn. I did go out in our parking lot at about 12:30 a.m. because the rain had died down some by then and it was a little eerie. I could hear the wind howling all around me but also so far away too. It just swirled around me and it was dark and the trees were blowing it is kind of a cool experience. Cayman Brac did get hit really hard and they had quite a bit of damage. We have been so lucky this year to have 2 hurricanes head strait for us and then move just before they hit us. I'm also glad that I didn't take my hurricane shutters down last week like I had thought about doing. I guess they will have to stay up until the 1st of Dec. because that is officially the end of Hurricane season.
17 years ago
7 comments:
Whew, glad to hear that. I'll be glad when hurricane season is over, it stresses me out when they are heading your way.
Well that sounded like quit the scare. I am so glad that it missed you guys. Keep those shutters up as long as you need too. Hope everything else is going good.
Mickell
Glad to know you guys made it through safe and sound! How scary!!
Whew! I am so glad it moved and didnt hit you directly. Thanks for updating your blog. I have been worried about you guys.
Whew! I am so glad it moved and didnt hit you directly. Thanks for updating your blog. I have been worried about you guys.
Whew! I am so glad it moved and didnt hit you directly. Thanks for updating your blog. I have been worried about you guys.
I am so glad to hear that you all are doing well, we can all breath now!!
Post a Comment