Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Allie is getting BIG!!!

This morning I came down stairs after I had gotten ready and Allie was at the counter pouring a bowl of cereal. She said " I wanted to surprise you by making my own breakfast today." She looked so big and had done a pretty good job so far. I of course had to sneak the camera out to catch some pictures.
She was very careful pouring the milk.

She even remembered to put the lid back on the milk.
Then she made Kaity a bowl and me. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I had already eaten breakfast with Austin before she got up. She was so proud of herself. She always wants to help me in the kitchen but I rarely let her. I have decided that I need to quit being so worried about a mess and let her help me out as much as I can. Later in the day she made ice cream, which only consisted of getting the ice cream out and putting it in a bowl. But she thought it was cool she could make ice cream. She is sort of funny.

9 comments:

Brittney said...

Way to go to Allie! Kaimbri thinks every now and then that she can make her own toast, I wouldn't eat it though! I'm like you too, I don't let my kids help too much in the kitchen because I'm too worried about the messes! Looks like you guys are having a good time, hope all is well with the schooling and stuff! I'm jealous of the nice weather!

Fords said...

So cute!! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up!??

Hill said...

They say that letting kids help in the kitchen is one of the best things to do for them all through their growing years. But it is hard to get over the fact that it will take twice as long to do it and twice as long to clean it. she is such a little sweetie.

David and Shalynna said...

I have always thought your girls were so advanced for their age. I can have a full on conversation with each of them! That is so cute that she made herself breakfast. :)

lesharee said...

Your kids are getting so big i'm so glad i can see pictures of you guys!!!

Chris said...

How cute! They are adorable. Hey, I saw Mark today right after his surgery and he looked great! I was quite impressed. Hopefully things go well from here on out.

Lori said...

That is cute! I know what you will do not to hurt your kids feelings huh.

I love you Pirates pictures. I am scared of pirates, honestly. After hearing how they jump ships and stuff...scary. But this festival looks like a ton of fun!

Victoria said...

Oh my heck!! That is so cute.

Anonymous said...

FROM KALEB wow tell alley i am so proud of her. we miss you