Sunday, November 1, 2009

HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!!

We had a great Halloween this year. We all got into the spirit of it and dressed up. I had so much fun dressing up that I am going to dress up every year from now on. Austin and Kaity were Pirates. Arrr! Allie was a Mermaid. Her costume was a little immodest but this is the only year that we will probably be in a place where it is warm enough to be a mermaid not wearing a coat. I though she looked super cute. I was a gypsy. Thank goodness my neighbour Rita had a ton of stuff to really make my costume.
We went trick or treating at this place called Grand Harbour (shopping plaza). One of the radio stations on the island sponsors it each year.It is a safe place to trick-or-treat and it is awesome because they not only give you a full size candy bar at each shop but a hand full of candy to go along with it. Seriously, our kids filled their bags going to about 10 shops. This is a picture of us before the "looting" happened.
We found an abandoned ship that Austin and the kids commandeered and sailed to Tortuga on. Hahaha.
Here is the fierce first mate.

Our beautiful mermaid

After the trick or treating we went over to another place called Caymana Bay. They had it all decorated and spooky. There was a band there playing Halloween songs and different places the kids could do fun activities.

Me and my hot pirate.

The girls got to paint little pumpkins, then we had to carry them around with us the rest of the night while they dried. So much fun :s
We found the great pumpkin Charlie Brown!!
They had this thing set up that was like a mad scientist lab and the kids could put their had in these little holes and feel vampires hearts, mummy skin, and Werewolf hair etc.

There was also this display that had a skeleton in it named Charlie. The ladies in the back were telling the kids to reach in and touch Charlie and that he is alive and not to take any of his stuff or he will wake up and get them. Kaity was so fascinated with this. She kept asking questions and we could not get her to leave.After asking all her questions she finally told the lady "you said Charlie is alive, but he's not, he's dead because he is not moving ". The lady tried to explain why he is not moving but Kaity was not hearing it, and she had reasons to fire back with why Charlie was dead. This other lady looked at me and said " she is really smart, she is putting a lot of though into this". I was laughing so hard at the look on her face the whole time she was standing there.

After that we went and got a pizza because we didn't eat dinner before trick or treating. I am such a bad mom letting my kids have candy before dinner :)

8 comments:

Victoria said...

You guys looked so cute!! I am going to be a gypsy next year cuz you look great!!!

Kelsey said...

Those costumes are darling! And your girls look so beautiful!

Hill said...

You all look awesome. What a sweet place to trick or treat. We were feeling lucky here because we didn't need our snow boots.

Julie and Kyle said...

seriously, your family is so beautiful! and i love that your kids can walk around in bikini's for halloween. im totally jealous!

Kate and Robbie said...

So cute!

David and Shalynna said...

Your blog makes me miss Cayman SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. I can't believe Grand Harbour gave out full sized candy bars (really, do I always talk about food when I email youor comment on your blog?)

I love the costumes. You all look gorgeous. I'm so excited to have my baby boy, but someday I better have beautiful girls like yours.

We miss you guys soooo much.

Anonymous said...

Grammy said...I, like Victoria, thought you looked so much like a perfect gypsy,that it made me want to be one for next year too. You might as well let cute Allie dress like a real mermaid, 'cause you won't be able to in Utah. Yes Hillary, we "were" so grateful to have warm weather this year! Kaity's pirate makeup looked real good. Austin was handsome. Miss you! Mom

Anonymous said...

FROM: KALEB I bet that a Pirate is the most common thing to be in grand cayman because evryone has a costume from pirate week. were there allot of people dresed as pirates? I thought that was awsome what kaitey said about the skeleton. we might be able to make it to cayman this year