Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I feel so technology illiterate

Lately I feel like all my free time is consumed with reading and trying to figure out technical things. I got my new camera and I absolutely love it. It has a lot of really cool features that, of course I don't understand, so I have been trying to read the manual to figure them out. How boring is that. I can only make myself do a few pages a day. But it is something I really want to learn more about. I also want to get some good picture editing software to do cool editing effects to my pictures and I know nothing about any of it, so more research. Ugh! I was also called a few months ago as the Family History Assistant in my branch. I know nothing about doing family history work. I have been trying to figure out how to do Family History; and have been kicking myself for not learning more about it when I lived in Utah where I had more resources. I have to learn it well enough to help other people do it and teach a class on it. YIKES!!!! I also started a journal through LDSJournal.com a few months ago because I am so mad at myself for not keeping one when my kids were babies and during all of Austins cancer etc, etc. I have forgotten so much that I wish I had a record of. I have my blog page but wanted a journal so I could be a little more personal and get more of my feeling and thoughts in it. I end up getting so behind on it that I am playing catch up when I write in it. I have even been forgetting to record my feelings and the funny things my kids say or do which is what I really started it for. AHHHH! Then for some reason I joined Face book instead of getting some of the other things done that I have to do in my house and on the computer. Now I find myself doing that most of the time instead of all the other things that I already started. I really wonder a lot what is wrong with me and why I have to be so technically illiterate. Finally my last thing that is getting neglected is my house. Austin just came down for a break from studying Bio Chemistry and asked what I was doing and I told him a post. He looked at me like I was crazy and asked "why are you blogging when the house looks the way it does". ( it looks like a bomb went off in here) I just had to laugh and say because that is exactly what my post is about. He looked at me again like I was nuts and went back up to study more. Any way enough with my procrastination problems, I better go get my house put back together. Sorry to vent but I feel much better now.

4 comments:

Hill said...

It's ok. Vent any time. I was going to have the house pretty well packed up and ready to go by the time josh gets back from Switzerland, but do you think that has happened. No. Facebook is the reason.

David and Shalynna said...

Oh, you let it out girl. Tell us your problems. :) I know how you feel- stress is relieved just because you vented. How could your house be a mess? It is always PERFECT when we come over. Which, by the way, when are we going to reschedule our evening of hanging out? This weekend, possibly?

Anonymous said...

Your messes will always come and go but your children never stop changeing. Spend your time where it is important and schedule a time to clean and straighten. You will find it all comes together. Never feel guilty for taking time to do the important things, Life happens to fast. I have never seen you neglect anything nor anyone, you need your time too.
Love Ya
grandma Richardson

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I'm so there. My sister-in-law put it perfectly when she said, "I'm raising a family, not a house." I have to constantly remind myself of that because I'm such an anal neat-freak. My house has been getting neglected lately, but I wouldn't give up the time I've spent bonding with Mason for the world. I've also found, with the journal thing, that if I take it with me in my bag everywhere I go, I can write random things here and there, and it's worked out great.