Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom and Kaleb!!!

I just wanted to do a quick shout out to my cute, sweet, mom and funny, little bro Kaleb. They had a birthday today!!! (well now yesterday, I forgot to add this post yesterday oops) I hate that I can't be there and celebrate with them but I would like to share a few memories and things about them.
*My mom is the fitness guru, she is so dedicated to fitness and staying healthy.
* she works out every day!!!! I wish that I had got some of that dedication. oh well.
* she is so positive ALL the time. If I ever need a pick me up all I have to do is call my mom
and she helps me feel better.
* She was the best coach when I was young. She could take any team and turn them into the champions. She has a gift of helping each person feel important and needed.
* she used to come outside and play night games with all the neighbor kids, we thought she was so cool.
* She is such a good grammy to my girls. She always has cute little surprises for them. She also makes stuffed animals talk. My girls love it. I try but I am not as good at it as my mom.
* she is such a good mom and has always been there for her kids when ever we needed her.
* she is so thoughtful of others feelings and is always visiting lonely grandmas or helping neighbors.
* She has such a wonderful spirit and strong testimony.
I could go on and on about all the wonderful qualities my mother has but I have to make this quick. I hope that she has a wonderful Birthday and I love her and Miss her very Much!!!

* Kaleb is so funny. He has such a quick whit and always has a funny comment to add to conversations.

* He is so good with Allie and Kaity. I never have to worry about them when Kaleb is around. He watches them so careful. I think he even plays their pretend games with them.

* When he was little he used to keep grasshoppers as pets and I would always find grasshoppers (missing their back legs so they couldn't hop away) in my shoes. When I would get mad at him he would say " well ya see, um, my grasshopper just needed a house." He was so cute I had to forgive him.

* He loves to read!!

* We used to tease him that he was the pet of the family, not the baby. He would get so mad at us and yell " I am not the pet, I'm the baby." We kept calling him the pet and soon he would get mad if we told him he was the baby. He wanted to be the pet. lol.

* Kaleb is very caring. He is always conscious of other peoples feelings.

Again I could go on and on, but now I really need to hurry. I hope he had a good Birthday I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. Happy 14th birthday Kaleb!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

That's pretty funny about your little brother. What a funny kid!

Fords said...

Happy Birthday to them both!!

Hill said...

Happy Birthday. your mom always did make the best talking stuffed animal, and I loved when we could help her make suckers.

Kelsey said...

14?! No way! That makes me feel old! Oh the stories I could tell of the experiences I've had with Kaleb and bugs :P I love your mom, my favorite memory of her is when I would sleep over. She made pancakes every time I came and she would make Mrs. Butterworth talk to us, LOL. Happy birthday guys!

Lori said...

Your Mom sounds pretty great! I know I think I miss my family, you are so much further...tell them to come visit!!! What a vacation!

Anonymous said...

FROM: KALEB

oh shucks i don't know what to say


we miss you

Anonymous said...

FROM: MOM
Heidy, you are too kind! Thank you thank you, for all the kind words. You were easy kids to do fun stuff with. I forgot we use to call Kaleb our pet. Maybe between all our memories, we can get enough info together, we won't even need journals.
Ya,some Grammy I am. Don't you remember I forgot Kaity's 1st Birthday Feb.3rd three years ago? I called you a couple days later too embarrassed to even talk! YIKES.