Today Austin finished his shelf exams... well the big ones anyway. He has two more on Monday but they are not really hard. We decided to celebrate the end of first semester a little early. We went to lunch at our favorite place to eat, Hammerheads. It is this little restaurant that is outside right on the water. The tables are on this big deck that faces the docks where all the ships come in. It is so relaxing to just sit there and listen to the water and watch the boats. They also have hands down, the best fish and chips I have ever eaten. It is really the only fish that the girls love to eat. We thoroughly enjoyed our selves. Then we went home to let Austin get a little nap in and then we went on a walk on the beach.
Austin and I just enjoyed the warm water on our feet and of course the sunset.
(this was really pretty but my camera just sucks, there was a little break in the clouds that the sun was peaking through. The colors were amazing but my camera didn't pick them up. sorry)
After the sun went down and it got a little dark Kaity started to worry that we were lost and wanted to go home. The whole 30 minutes it took us to walk home she didn't shut her mouth once. Allie and I were walking just a little ways in front of Kaity and Austin, and she worried and complained the entire time. She did tell Austin a few stories about the chea surchins. (aka sea urchins) Finally, when we were in view of our car she was relieved and then said " oh, I wish that someone big and strong would pick me up so I didn't have to walk anymore." She is so dramatic it makes me laugh but also scares me a little, in case she doesn't get over it when she gets to be a teen. Yikes! Allie and I had a good time walking. She is getting to be so grown up. I can have long conversations with her. She is also starting to understand sarcasm and jokes. That has been a lot of fun. She is such a sweet little thing, we have a good time together. I am so glad that Austin is finished with school for about a month. I finally get my husband back. yippee!! We are a little sad that we are not going home for Christmas but also excited to just be able to relax and enjoy this beautiful island we live on.
10 comments:
I looked at these pictures and said to Josh, "Heidy might never come home." It is so beautiful.
Yea I'll have to agree...you might not come back. We love reading about your life in Cayman, but the more I read, the more jealous I become. My bro. Morgan served there for a while on his mission and he wants to live there too.
Your pictures are still so cute. You should get the camera that I just got though...it is an olympus sw850 and it is shock proof and water proof...perfect for where you live! You can take underwater pictures and everything. It is awesome. We got ours at Best Buy and it was pretty affordable.
You are a beautiful woman! I just thought you should know that... You look so cute in all your pix!
I'll bet your glad he's got a break for a while. Looks like you guys are having such a good time there, I am very jealous!! I hope you have a good Christmas and we'll be waiting to see you guys when you come back (if you decide too, haha!). See ya!
Jealous Again!
Santa Vaca! Your kids are beautful girls. They are not little kids anymore. I miss you guys so much, I hope that everything is well for you. You look like your in heaven with all those beaches!
The girls are gorgeous! It looks like fun there and YEAH for Austin to round out the first semester! Tell him I said hello. Hope everything is going great for you. Take care.
Wow, even the photos with a "stinky camera" are breath taking. Just another day in paradise I guess. I miss you guys. Your girls are growing so quickly! We love you!
It looks like so much fun! And the nice warm weather! That is my kind of place! I think I would live there for ever if I were you! I hope you guys have a great Christmas. Do you think you will be coming home for a visit any time soon?
Post a Comment