So it has been raining almost every day since last Wednesday. It has been nice in a way because it cools it down a little but you can't really go out and do much. We had planned on going to the beach on Friday for my Birthday. Austin got out of school at noon and we were going to go but yes, it was a rainy day. I couldn't believe the amount of rain that came down that day. We drove down a street and the water was half way up our car. It was crazy. Then we though maybe we could go between conference sessions on Saturday but it rained again. Sunday was a beautiful day, of course. Then Monday, rain. Well last night I asked Austin if he could take some time off studying to go to the beach with us today. He was pretty excited since he hasn't gotten to go since he started school. Well we woke up and it looked like a beautiful day. There were a few fluffy clouds around but it looked like a beach day. Well about 10:30 a.m. It started to rain. Crappy! Well by about 1:30 p.m. it had cleared up some and the sun was peeking through the clouds. We decided to just go. We got to the beach and it started to sprinkle. There is a play ground there and so we let the girls play until the rain passed. Then we finally got so spend some time at the beach as a family!!! We stayed in the water because the sun was still behind the clouds and there was a small breeze so it got a little chilly out of the water. But it was fun. Austin was throwing the girls up and letting them land in the water. They liked that especially Kaity. Allie enjoyed diving for sea shells in the shallow the most. We had a good time and it was a great break for Austin.
17 years ago
3 comments:
That sounds like a great belated birthday.
Hey Heidy!! I hope it's okay that I've searched out your blog and I've been reading it to catch-up with you Islanders:) But I have bad news...I tagged you:)!! Don't worry it's an easy one. Our address is: www.wesmcneillfamily.blogspot.com
Enjoy those special moments!
Post a Comment