Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference

It is just amazing to me that I live so far away and I can still watch conference. We are so lucky to because our satellite gets the BYU channel, so we got to watch the sessions at home instead of having to go to the church. I was also watching my girls today when we were watching conference and they were so good for the first half and hour then they started to get bored and play with things. I remembered when I was little how long conference seemed to be. It felt like it lasted FOREVER. I couldn't understand what my parents found so interesting about a bunch of talks. Today, when my girls were acting up I said "girls listen this is a good talk" then had to laugh because I remember what I used to think about the "good talks" when I was their age. I also had to laugh because Allie asked me how much longer it was and when I looked at the clock conference only had about 15 min left. It seemed like it had only been maybe 45 min. and here it was almost finished. The time had flown by for me and I could tell it seemed like forever for Allie.
It was so wonderful to see the Temple and the conference center today and how much a part of Home that is for me. It is one of the things that I guess I took for granite. Being able to look out over the valley and see a temple or be able to drive 1 hour and be able to go. I loved to hear the wonderful words of the church leaders. It is amazing what a comfort and uplifting feeling hearing their words brings to me. It was such a treat to have that children's choir sing in the second session. I loved to hear them and feel the sweet spirit they brought as they sang. It was just a good day. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

6 comments:

Mickell Schena said...

Heidy,
Its amazing how much we learn as we get older. Chloee and I went threw the same thing today, she keep saying how much longer. When I was young I loved confrence Sunday, I knew that I didn't have to do anything but lay around. Well Heidy I think the world of you and Austin and your girls. Talk to you soon

Jackie said...

I know what you mean when you see conference when you are so far away. I see the temple grounds and think "Hey that is so close to home."

Hill said...

I didn't get to hear too much of the first session, which I was told was an awesome one, but the second one was great as well. I'm hoping that my child will cooperate and let me watch both sessions today with out too much trouble.

Tennille said...

Hey this is Whit, I didn't know you had a blog, we have a blog but it's private, send us your e-mail address to tennillesblog@yahoo.com.

Tennille said...

Hey this is Whit, I didn't know you had a blog, we have a blog but it's private, send us your e-mail address to tennillesblog@yahoo.com.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I keep telling McLane how much I would love to move outside of Utah again, but this morning, I realized how thankful I am that we can just wake up, chill at our own house, and watch conference. When I lived in SC, we had to spend ALL Saturday and Sunday at church to watch the sessions. I can't imagine having kids and doing that, so you guys are so blessed to have a satellite channel to bring you conference!