Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Allie!!

Allie turned 5 on April 9th. I can't believe that she is 5. Time has gone by so fast. It really makes me sad to think she is that old. She had a great fun filled birthday. Sunday April 6th my family came down and of course grammy spoiled her rotten. Then I finally let her get her hair cut as a b-day present. She got flowers delivered to her pre-school then had cupcakes with all her friends. After school we went to McDonalds for lunch and then that night Austin's family came over for more presents and birthday cake. The grand finale was we got her the bike she has been wanting. I was pretty much pooped after all that but Alllie had a great birthday.
Here are some ups and downs in the life of Allie cat.

* Allie was born three weeks early and weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and was 18 1/2 inches
* Allie was born the day her dad was to leave for active duty for 2 yrs.
* Austin got to post pone training for a day and a half so he blessed her in the hospital when she was 1 day old.
* She had reflux, colic, and a cry like a banshee! (yes, I wondered what I had done to deserve this)
* Her hair stuck straight up and no matter what I did to try to get it to lay down it would find a way to stick up again. But she was cute! she sort of looked like a baby gorilla.
* Austin got done with his military activation when she was 5 1/2 mos old. and boy did he spoil her.
*we moved to St.George, and she loved to get into the garbage cans,pull all the books off the bookshelf, and scoot over to the door and chew on our flip flops.
* She learned to walk one week before she turned 9 mos and she was on the move from then on. one of her favorite things was to go on walks with mom to get the mail.
* about a month after her 1st birthday she broke her arm falling off our bed. she had to wear a little splint cast for 6 weeks it was so sad and sort of cute at the same time.
*her life changed drastically at 15 mos when we found out Austin had an advanced case of cancer.
*Life turned into hospitals, living out of suitcases and not being able to be around other kids because of germs.
* She was always there for a hug or a smile when we were having a tough time and she seemed to understand.
* Her new favorite thing was to get to go to the park when dad was in a chemo treatment.
*she got a new baby sister when she was 22 mos old.
*Soon after Austin had a bone marrow transplant at the U of U hospital and Allie couldn't see him for a month, this was really hard on Allie and she missed her dad. The up side for her was we got to stay up at my parents house and they spoiled her rotten. (except for Kade who liked to tease, and allie liked to scream)
* During the time austin was in the hospital we celebrated her 2nd b-day with out dad.
* Dad made it though all of his treatments and life went sort of back to normal.
* At this time we lived in Beaver and Allie was our biggest helper. She helped us plant a garden and she would work relentlessly out there with us.
* She has always been a shoe girl and loved to wear moms shoes, and flip flops of any kind.
* She got really into Dora at this time and she loved to read " guppa the neaky pox" (swiper the sneaky fox) with dad.
* She potty trained herself at 2 yrs and 4 mos. so I guess that made up for putting me through colic.






* she loved and still does love to do anything dad thinks is cool.
* she turned three and she continued to love shoes by this time she could run better in high heels than most women can walk in them.
* Her favorite color is pink and if it sparkles its even better.









*The summer of 2006 Allie got the best of both worlds. We lived up at Grammys house while Austin took a summer physics class at U.V.S.C. Monday through Thursday and then went home on the weekends and she got to see Nanny. Life was great.

* That summer we also took our first family vacation to Lagoon and then the Zoo.
* she also got a black eye that summer when she opened a cabinet and a box fell out on her face.
* The following spring she went to pre- school one day a week and she loved to go. She learned all her letters and nursery rhymes.
* She wanted to learn how to do cartwheels like her aunt Hadyn so I taught her and she practiced and practiced until she learned how. Now that is her favorite thing to do.
*Our next family vacation was Disneyland, sea world, and the beach. I think Allies favorite part was trying on hats at all the stores and the princess parade. It was so fun to see her face light up when saw each princess.




* She thought sea world was cool except she has a really sensitive nose and some of the smells were hard for her to handle.
* I think the beach was her favorite part. She loved to chase the waves with her dad. She would scream when the tide came up and run away. It was really funny.
* Allie had a princess birthday party when she turned 4 and had her 5 friends over from pre-school. I realized how hard it is as a mom to do a birthday party.









* Allie has been in dance for 2 yrs and she loves it. The pink tutu was last year and she danced to "Peppermint Twist" and this year she dances to " Crazy little Thing Called Love" in the red tutu.

* This is Allie on her first day of big pre-school. She loves it. Her teachers told me she is the best sharer in the class. Which of course made me cry I was so proud of her.

* This year I noticed Allie is a peacemaker. She likes to help people get along, she doesn't like confrontation but she still will stand up for what she thinks.
* she can now do a round off and a 1 armed cartwheel. She is learning her back handspring but still needs a lot of help. She loves to tumble.

Now Allie is such a sweet grown up little girl. She is so funny and loves to joke with us. She is so thoughtful of her little sister and looks out for her like a mother hen with her chick. She loves babies and is always trying to help and hold her little cousin Laila. Allie is so courteous of all the kids at her pre-school and I am so proud of her. She has helped me with all the hard times in my life and in a way has become like a best friend. I love her so much and hope she will continue to be the sweet, thoughtful, fun, energetic, helpful person she has become. Happy Birthday Allie.








































6 comments:

Hill said...

Happy Birthday! 5! wow, that is crazy. She looks so big with her hair cut, old and very mature for her 5 years. Look at you blogging like a pro.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I can't believe it's been five years! She's adorable - a mini-you!

Dan & Ashley said...

She is such a cute girl and she does look very grown up with her short hair. Adorable!

Suzy Q said...

Wow! Five!? Time goes by too fast! You have such a cute family! Nice posting skills! You are catching on well!

Christy said...

OH, I loved that. You guys have been through so much. I REALLY look up to you, Austin, and Allie for that matter. What a sweetheart. You are an amazing woman, Heidy Meyers. I really can't believe how much you have handled with a grin on your face. I love you and your little family so much! Happy birthday sweet girl:)

MikeandJoni Holmes said...

Hey Heidy It has been a very long time! Yur girls are beautiful I can not believe you have a 5 year old I swear we are not old enough to have kids and houses all that crazy stuff time flies! It is so good to hear that you are all doing to great I would love to hear from you. Oh and I am new to this blogging thing too so dont laugh at my blog! Love Ya Joni