Monday, April 21, 2008

Fishing With Dad and Sushi all in 1 day.

I had to work Saturday morning and so Austin decided to take the girls fishing. They went up to this little lake called Little Res up Beaver Canyon. They caught 3 fish. Austin caught the 1st and last, and Allie caught the 2nd. They were only six to eight inches so they threw them back. On their way down from the canyon they stopped at "smokey the bears" cave. Its this little cave that is just off the main road and they went inside. Austin told them all sorts of story's abut Smokey getting mad at all the other mean bears and him fighting fires. So when I got home from work I could hardly understand them they were so excited and had to tell me everything. I was glad they got some time with dad but I do wish I could have been with them. But I guess that is life. Then that night Austins brother called and asked if we wanted to go eat sushi in Cedar. We went and some of us had sushi and some had the hibachi. When the little chef guy came to cook the food in front of us, he did some spatula tricks and then he lit the grill on fire and Kaity freaked. She jumped under the table and started saying " I don't like the fire" over and over. I finally got her to come out from under the table but she was paranoid the rest of the time. Allie loved the whole experience and even caught a shrimp in her mouth. It was surprising to me because I expected Allie to be scared and Kaity to love it. I guess I found 1 thing that Kaity is scared of. This was also Austins first time eating sushi and he loved it. I wish that I had thought to bring my camera so I could have posted some pic's sorry.

2 comments:

Hill said...

sweet, next time you guys come up we should ditch the kids and go eat sushi, it's our favorite. Suzy and Chris love it too, it'd be a lot of fun. Yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

That's crazy that it was his first time trying Sushi. I'm proud of him though! I love Sushi...but I can't eat it now that I'm pregnant, but I can eat tempura, which I also love!