Friday, July 8, 2011

June Recap

Ah June, we were all finally in Georgia. It was so nice to all be together, however Austin's OB/GYN rotation ended up being extremely taxing on him. He had 1-2 24 hour shifts at the hospital each week and if he was not on a 24 hour shift he was a the clinic. He was working 80-100 hours a week so we didn't see him much. That left me to do all the shopping for the furnishings in our apartment, which I really didn't mind at all. It was a little hard with the girls. They got to the point that if we pulled up to a furniture store they would almost start to cry. If I found anything I liked we would have to go there after Austin got off so he could help me load it in the truck and unload it in the apartment. Needless to say we were both exhausted the first few weeks here. 

The girls made the most out of the boxes we had laying around. They make a cute little club house.



 When we were not furniture shopping we were cooling off at the pool. We also had some swim play days with other moms and kids from our Church. I have met some really neat people that I am so excited to get to know better.  Sorry, I don't have any pool pictures yet.

My friend Angie who was in  Grand Cayman was here in Atlanta with her husband and 2 kids finishing up his rotations. They only had about a month left here so we got together and took the kids to Six Flags a few times before they had to go.



 LOL!!! I love the look on Angie's sons face here. He sure was thrilled to be going on kiddie rides and hanging out with a bunch of girls!

 Our little Super Heroes!
I am glad June is over, mostly because Austin is done with OB and will be in Family Medicine for the month of July. The hours with Family Med. are much better. 
I got the girls all registered for school and they are excited about there new school. 
We got all settled in our apartment. I still have a few decorating things that need to be done 
but for the most part our apartment feels like home.   
I only got lost a few times trying to find my way around, and can make it to church, Six Flags, Walmart, Target, the library, and the grocery store without having to use GPS; making progress, lol.

No comments: