After 6 months I finally decided it is time to start blogging again. I am already mad at myself for missing out on so many things that happened this summer. I also didn't take near as many pictures as I should have. There is nothing I can do about it now but update our summer in a nutshell.
In June we did a mini family vacation with Austin's family. We went up to Hogle Zoo for a day and then to Lagoon the next day.
All our Little Monkeys!
In June we did a mini family vacation with Austin's family. We went up to Hogle Zoo for a day and then to Lagoon the next day.
All our Little Monkeys!


Lagoon was so much fun! The weather was also perfect, we couldn't have asked for a better day. Allie was such a little dare devil! She went on all the rides and was even putting her arms in the air the entire time on The Wicked. Poor Kaity was about and inch too short for all the bigger rides. She was so sad and cried and cried when she couldn't go on the White Roller Coaster.
Austin and Reagan went on the Sky Coaster. I though their mom was about to faint she was so scared for them. I had a video of it but it wouldn't load.
I have decided living on a cattle ranch is a great place for kids. They spent hours and hours out in the corrals petting the baby calves. They also loved to pick weeds and feed them.
In August our highlight was Salem Days with my family. This is all the girls rocking out to Party in the U.S.A in Holly's mini van. I know we are awesome.

After about 4 years Austin, his dad, and his brother finally got to go on an over night riding trip. Austin and I also have been enjoying having the girls in school because it has given us some time to take off on the horses.
We have a wood burning stove so we made several trips up in the hills to get wood. The girls have been little champs when it comes to hauling wood. Austin also taught me how to split wood with an ax. Yeah, I am pretty proud of myself (even though I only do the small logs)


The rest of our summer consisted of Austin taking his 1st National Boards. He took them in May and got his results in July. He passed which was a huge relief. He also transferred to Ross University because it has federal student loans and better clinical rotations. He was hoping to start his 3rd year of school (clinicals) in September but the transfer process took a lot longer than we planned on and all the clinical spots were full so he is going to start clinicals in January. It has been a fun filled summer with family and we are getting excited to start the next step with Medical school.


1 comment:
I was so thrilled to see your update. I had wondered what you had been doing. It sounds like things are going great. We miss you!!!1
Post a Comment