Thursday, January 28, 2010

I can't believe January is mostly over. I have been horrible at blogging lately. I feel like this month has been all about school. I am still homeschooling Allie and trying to get her to where I wanted her before we move back to the states in April. She is doing really good but we are both sick to death of homeschooling. I don't think it is for either of us. ha ha ha. Austin has started his 5th semester of school. This semester is all about passing his 1st step boards. He is in a Kaplan program that is 6 days a week from 8-5. Then he gets home, eats and studies until about 10 p.m. I feel like we see him for only 30 min. at a time a few times a day. He will be finished with this Kaplan program around the end of Feb so we only have a month left. Yeah. However, he will still have all the stress on his shoulders until he takes his boards. He can take them anytime after he finishes Kaplan. I have been passing the time by reading a lot. I have read 4 books this month. I read the Mortal Instruments series (3 books) and I finally got to read The Host. I really liked all these books a lot. The girls and I are also trying to enjoy the little time we have left here. We have been swimming with our friends the Wilson's at their pool a few times.

The last time we were there the girls realized that they could swing on some dead palm leaves that are still attached. Almost like swinging from a rope tied to a tree. I got some video of them doing this and it was pretty funny but it takes forever to put a video on blogger so I decided to just settle for a few pictures.


When Austin does have a day off we take full advantage of having him home a little. He still has to study but he does take about half the day to unwind and play with the girls. We went to the beach about a week ago with him.


Ta-Da!

Yeah!!





This last weekend Mrs. Rita's daughter Katrina came and visited. It was fun finally getting to meet her. She flew in on Friday and I went and hung out with them that night at Royal Palms while Austin stayed home and watched the girls for me. We danced and had a good time. Saturday we went to Caymana Bay with the girls for ice cream. There is a little harbour and a bridge that goes over to a little island. The girls wanted me to take some pictures of them. If you know my girls you known how much they LOVE getting their pictures taken. They kept posing by the trees and saying "mom take a picture of me like this."






Monday was a Holiday here in Cayman and my friend Ondina had the girls sleep over with her little girl. Austin still had school and so I didn't really know what to do with myself. I got up early with Austin (on accident, I just couldn't sleep) so I decided to do a early morning run on the beach. This is the first time I have ran on the beach in the morning and it was fabulous!!! The temperature was great and I watched a ship sail into port. I think I will be doing this a lot more often when Austin is finished with Kaplan and will be home in the morning. This is a picture of my running path. I LOVE IT!!!

7 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

The beaches on Cayman are gorgeous. My friends just moved to St. Kitts for medical school (they were originally going to come to St. Matthew's but the loan company ruined that one!) and their island is gorgeous. It's very green and has a lot of pretty mountains. But, their beaches do not come close to Cayman's. The clear, calm water with the white, white sand is the most beautiful thing ever!

Victoria said...

Oh how fun. I can see how you will miss the Island when you leave!!

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

I am glad Austin can take the time to have fun with his girls. I don't miss work or Bryan being in school all the time but I do miss the days I didn't have to work and could be at the pool/beach or on a drive. So glad you are taking it all in before you have to leave again. P.S. St. George is gorgeous today!

Brittney said...

Ok, so I am very jealous of your beach loving life!! It looks so pretty there! Look at the tans your girls have! Glad that the school thing (this stage anyway) is going to come to an end soon, for your sake (at least for a little bit, right?) I know what it's like to not have the husband be around! But at least you have the beaches! I should move there!! Oh, what other books have you read? I need some good ones to read. You should read the Hunger Games, it's great!

Julie and Kyle said...

must be nice living in such a beautiful place with your beautiful kids and family! :) no seriously though. awesome pictures. and you really are the most gorgeous family ever.

~SHERI said...

I am so jealous of your beach! You have amazing pictures! But I am excited to see you guys when you move back!

Anonymous said...

Grammy Lynn said....
Whoa. I've been waiting and waiting for a new blog from you besides the Cayman Christmas and was so excited to see these. The pictures reminded me of when your Dad would throw you kids in the air and water. I'm envious too. Wish I was running on the beach. Do you run barefoot? Love you so much. Wish I was there. MOM