I was going to try and blog the whole time I was in Utah so I wouldn't have to play catch up on everything that we did, but with every thing that was going on I didn't have time. Now if I tried to post something on everything that we did it would take me until Christmas, so I am just going to highlight our trip home in a nutshell. Here goes.....The girls and I flew to Miami on July 1st. We stayed in a hotel and then flew to Detroit and then finally on to Utah the 2nd. The girls loved flying and really did so good almost the entire time. I had only gotten like 4 hours of sleep in 48 hours so that is why I look so zombish .
We jumped right into funeral plans. Thank goodness for Holly and Haley they had everything all planned and I just had to help with the details and putting things together...still I didn't do all that much. I was still a blubbering fool because this was my first time home and seeing all my dads stuff was hard. Anyway... We took a small break the night of the 4th and went to my Uncle Sam's house. Right when we were starting to eat it started to rain. Kaity and I found a pretty good hiding spot under the food table.
Then it got to cold so we all went inside. We still had a good time hanging out even without fireworks. These are some of my cute cousins from Texas that came down for the funeral.
Me and the siblings, aren't they all so cute.
My cute mom, her sister and 3 of her brothers.
Dad's viewing was on the 5th. There were so many people who came. It was almost overwhelming to see how many people came to show their love for my dad and our family.
The Funeral was on the 6th and it turned out so nice and beautiful.
Now I move onto the 24th of July! I just chilled with Holly and watched the parade. We sat with my dads family like we always do so it was lots of fun. The girls got all princessed up.
The boys got guns and massive snow cones!!
Then on to the wonderful, over priced carnival rides. Kaity and Toby were little ride buddies this year.
Allie graduated on to the big rides this year with Peyton. They had fun and Allie totally loved all the scary rides. Ha ha Holly even got roped into going on one of them.
I tried to hold Holly's little cute Paige as much as I possibly could.
After the 24th we all focused on the Mark the Great Benefit run. It was a huge success!!! We were hoping for about 300 runners and we ended up with over 600 runners. It was awesome. So August started out Great. I reached my goal which was to run the entire 5K.
If I couldn't find my kids they were either on the trampoline or in Hadyn's room. It is funny, we have been gone for a year but for the kids they just pick right up with their cousins as if we had never been gone.
Kaity was in heave because my brother has a cat named Pucca who she loves to death. I think the cat was thrilled when we went left. What do you think?
Salem days was lots of fun. The girls did a little cheer clinic with the Salem Hills High Cheerleaders. They had so much fun and loved every minute of it. I have a video of their performance I will try to download later. They also got to ride in the parade on a boat in front of the Cheerleaders. They both thought they were pretty cool because they got to be in a parade.
Showing off some cheer moves.
Grammy even got to be in the parade because she won 1st place in her age division for the Salem 5K. Good Job Mom!
I was sick of fighting with Allie when I do her hair every day so I asked my cute grandma if she could perm Allies hair. Allie did so good getting it done. Thanks so much Grandma. It turned out so dang cute! I love it and so does Allie.
We also had to go to the dentist 3 times when we were there. Allie had to get 2 molars pulled and space maintainers put in. She did so good both times they had to pull the teeth. I was so proud of her. The tooth fairy left her 2 dollars for each tooth because she was such a good girl at the dentist. Gotta love laughy gas!!
Austin flew in on the 12th. It was so good to finally be with him after a month and a half. We stayed up at my family's house for a few days and then headed to Austins parents house. We had so much fun there with everyone. We took all the kids fishing one day and although we didn't catch anything it was so nice to be up in the mountains.
The kids played non stop with the cousins! They were all so cute together.
We finally made it Home and Life Goes On.
6 comments:
Wow, it was so good to see you guys. We miss your beautiful girls!!
Cute pictures, that was a pretty good catch-up post. If you go hang out at the beach for me, I'll sit here and eat some salsa for you:)
Very good Nutshelling! You summed it up pretty good. Not that I know all the details, but I thought that was good. I miss you guys already. Hoping for Xmas!
I wish we could have seen you guys! Those were a crazy few months. Next time you are in Vegas, you better call me!
Loved them all!
Hi Heidy! I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I sat here and cried reading all about him. That song about broke my heart! ( I already knew it, but it so applies to you.) I hope all is well with your family. I am glad you got to be with your family. I know what it is like to miss them so much. Love ya Heidy.
Post a Comment