Sunday, April 12, 2009

Allie is 6!

I have been slacking on blogging lately. I seem to be so busy and time is just flying by!!! I can't believe we are in the middle of April. On the 6th we celebrated the 4th Anniversary of Austins Bone Marrow Transplant/4 years his cancer has been in remission! It is a tough remembrance of what he was battling 4 years ago, but so great to be celebrating one more year cancer free. Next year it will be his 5th year and he will "officially" be considered cured of cancer. Hurray!!

We didn't get to do anything spectacular this year. Allie and I made Austin breakfast and we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He studied most of the day because he had some tests later in the week. That night we went out for ice cream. It is so hard sometimes to think about that year during Austins cancer. We learned and grew so much. I could say so much about that experience but I don't have much time. I do want to tell Austin how proud I am of him. He is such an inspiration to me and I love him so much. I am in awe of him all the time at the strength he possesses. He makes me a better person and I am so grateful for each passing day we get together.


Next, Allie turned 6 on April 9th. I can't believe how big my little sweetie is.


I felt so bad. She wanted a party but there just aren't very many kids her age that we know. Also, with her birthday being so close to Easter this year things were sort of crazy. It was hard to try to explain that to her but in the end she understood and we tried to make this day as fun for her as we could. She decide she wanted to go to Margaritaville. She loves this place.

The girls didn't waste any time and went right to the water slide.

Then relaxed in the hot tub for a minute.
Any one want some Macho Nachos?
Austin and I even got in on the waterside fun. For some reason when I go down the slid I go super fast, so Allie and Kaity kept wanting to sit on my lap. (and of course there are no pictures of it because I am the only one who ever takes pictures)



Then our Friend Lisa (the lifeguard) went and got Allie a piece of cake with ice cream and a cherry on top. Woohoo! Allie was so thrilled and looked just like a little jumping bean.




The girls devoured the cake in no time.

After two and a half hours of Margaritaville fun we were ready for home.

Allie decided that she wanted cheesecake instead of cake for her birthday so we had Birthday Cheesecake.


She ended up having a great Birthday. We had lots of friends stop by and bring her presents, which was so thoughtful. She felt so loved.



Here are 6 Fun Facts about Allie.
1. She loves Pink and anything that sparkles.
2. She thinks I should have named her Allayah so she added that to her name. When she tells people her whole name she will say "Allie Cat Mae Allayah Myers".
3. She is such a tender heart, her feelings get hurt really easy and she is so sweet I always feel so bad when they do.
4. She loves little babies. She always wants to hold and "help" with any little baby.
5. She is my little shoe and fashion girl. She is always experimenting with her cloths and trying new things with them. Some of the things she does are actually really cute.
6. She loves to just hang out with Austin or me. She will get up really early in the morning sometimes just so she can hang out with Austin before he has to go to school. She loves to do anything I am doing and our favorite time of the day is "cuddle time".
I love you so much Allie and am so proud of the sweet little girl you are. You have brought so much joy to our lives.

5 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

I really loved this post. I'm so happy that Austin has been free of cancer for four years. You guys are so strong and it is such an example to me and my life.

I need to do something for Allie's birthday. I just love her too. I think it is so cute that she wanted to spend her $10 on 2 lockets- one for her and one for Kaity. :)

Maybe I'll pick her up and take her for a treat sometime this week. We'll talk about it soon.

Hill said...

What an awesome post full of exciting news! Your girls are getting so brown, little sun goddesses. Congratulations to all of you and Happy Birthday Allie Cat Mae Allayah Myers!

Chris said...

This is soooo cool! I am so happy for all of you. Those Nacho's looked amazing.

Brittney said...

That is such a milestone for Austin and you! Congrats! Can't wait for the 5 years to come and have him be officially cured. Sounds like Allie had a great birthday too! Turning 6 is such a big deal to them, it cracks me up! Happy 'late' birthday to her!!

Victoria said...

Yay for Austin!! Tell Allie Cat Mae Allayah Myers Happy Birthday from Annie:)