Thursday, December 10, 2009

I always have fun things that I want to blog about and take a ton of pictures and then forget to blog about them until like a week later and then I don't have the ambition that I had when I took all the pictures so then I end up doing a nutshell post like today. Here is my branch Christmas party in a nutshell. ...It was so much fun. I have really grown to love the people on this island and especially the ones that go to the branch. It is one of my favorite times of the week when we go to church. I have learned so much about the many different cultures of people that live here. It has been such a joy for me. I am really getting sad to think that we only have about 4 more months on this beautiful island. There are so many things I am going to miss and the branch members are toward the top of that list.


The Dinner was amazing!!! They had ham, turkey, beef, potatoes, salad, and a ton of other yummy things. We seriously ate until we were going to puke. Then they busted out the Karaoke machine. It is so fun, the machine actually gives you a score. Austin had to redeem himself from the score of 18 when he sang Ding Dong the Witch is Dead. He did White Christmas this time and scored 94 ( I think the highest score of the night) He even brought tears to our 1st councilors eyes.


These are some of my sweet primary girls and some of the Young Women of the Branch.


The Spanish members did a number in Spanish. (There are a lot more Spanish speaking members but they wouldn't sing with them.)


The Filipino members always put us to shame when they take the mic for Karaoke. They love to Karaoke and they are all amazing singers.


I did a trio with Sara and Natalie. We did Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer complete with actions.


We did get the missionaries to do a song but I missed it with my camera. We now have 4 Elders on the island which is amazing. The mission pres. was visiting that night so we also had elder McGrath back for a night (he is the A.P) It was such a fun night. I went home thinking what a blessing it has been to experience this amazing place and get to know such amazing people.


The next day my friend Ish and Aline invited me and the girls to come over and make German Christmas cookies. (Aline is German hence the German Cookies) It was fun, the girls helped Ish decorate their apt. while we mad the dough, then they helped us cut them out and frost them.



Finally, Austin finished his last semester of basic sciences!!! Woohoo!!! It is the hardest semester and he did really well. I was so proud of him. He has done so good at school and is so dedicated to studying and doing what he needs to without neglecting his calling or his family. I love him so much and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful man as a husband. Okay, with that said we decided to go to Fidel Murphy's Irish pub for their all you can eat fish and Chips. They are awesome and the atmosphere is so fun.


4 comments:

David and Shalynna said...

Oh Heidy, that looks like so much fun! I told you to stop making me jealous or I'm going to stop reading your blog. :) Enjoy the island for these last four months. They will go by so quickly. I'm so glad we share the same love for Cayman. It's hard to explain how wonderful it is there unless you've really experienced it for yourself.

Hill said...

I will be glad to have you closer, but I know that it will be sad for you to come back. It would be hard to leave such a beautiful place to come back to Utah.

Anonymous said...

Grammy/Mom said...
Look at you already making Christmas cut out cookies! Austin is starting to look more like his Dad. The missionary picture made me think of Haley and Hadyn's missionaries they have out. I am so grateful for the sacrifice, hard work and growth these young men have done! You look beautiful! Would have loved to have been there, to have heard all your songs you sang. Love and miss you so much! MOM/Lynn

Victoria said...

Now THAT is a ward party lol:) Sounds like so much fun all the time. I can see why you are getting so sad to leave the island!